SYNOPSISfoodcritic [options...] cookbook...
foodcritic [options...] --list
DESCRIPTIONfoodcritic makes it easier to flag problems in your Chef cookbooks that will cause Chef to blow up when you attempt to converge. This is about faster feedback.
Each cookbook path specified will be examined for common problems and poor style.
- -t, --tags TAGS
- Only check against rules with the specified tags. Prefix tags with a tilde ~ to exclude rules.
- -l, --list
- Do not perform a lint check; instead simply list the rules that would be enabled based on the defaults and the rule selection options (-t, -I)
- -f, --epic-fail TAGS
- Exit non-zero if any of the specified tags are matched. Use the pseudo-tag any to fail if any tag is matched.
- -c, --chef-version VERSION
- Only check against rules valid for this version of Chef.
- -B, --cookbook-path
- Cookbook path(s) to check.
- -C, --[no-]context
- Show lines matched against rather than the default summary.
- -E, --environment-path
- Environment path(s) to check.
- -I, --include PATH
- Additional rule file path(s) to load.
- -R, --role-path
- Role path(s) to check.
- -S, --search-grammar PATH
- Specify grammar to use when validating search syntax. (Default: the grammar of any installed Chef)
- -V, --version
- Display the foodcritic version.
- -X, --exclude PATH
- Exclude path(s) from being linted.
RETURN VALUESBy default, foodcritic will always return 0.
If --epic-fail is specified, then foodcritic will return 3 if any tags are matched.