freefoam log [-n][-s] <logFile> freefoam log -l <logFile> freefoam log -h
The default is to extract for all the "Solved for" variables the initial residual, the final residual and the number of iterations. On top of this a (user editable) database of standard non-solved for variables is used to extract data like Courant number, execution time etc.
The -l option shows all the possible variables but does not extract them.
The program will generate and run an awk script which writes a set of files, logs/<var>_<subIter>, for every <var> specified, for every occurrence inside a time step.
For variables that are "Solved for" the initial residual name will be <var>, the final residual will get name <var>FinalRes.
The files are a simple xy format with the first column Time (default) and the second the extracted values. Option -n creates single column files with the extracted data only.
The query database is a simple text format with three entries per line, separated with /. Column 1 is the name of the variable (cannot contain spaces), column 2 is the extended regular expression (egrep) to select the line and column 3 is the string (fgrep) to select the column inside the line. The value taken will be the first (non-space)word after this column. The database will either be $HOME/.FreeFOAM/foamLog.db or if not found /foamLog.db.
Option -s suppresses the default information and only prints the extracted variables.
- A FreeFOAM log file (i.e. the screen-output created by a FreeFOAM solver)
- Create a single-column file containing the extracted data only
- Suppresses the default information and only displays the extracted variable names
- List all possible variables but do not extract them
- Display an option summary
Part of the freefoam(1) suite.
- • Copyright © 1991-2010 OpenCFD Ltd.
- • Copyright © 2008-2012 Michael Wild.