SYNOPSISlp5250d [OPTIONS] HOSTNAME
DESCRIPTIONlp5250d connects to an AS/400 over TCP/IP and provides a printer session emulating an IBM 3812 printer. The printer session works with scs2ascii and host print transform on the AS/400 to print AS/400 spooled files on a local printer.
To end a printer session, send it a SIGTERM signal with kill(1).
Printing support requires named session support, which is available for most recent versions of OS/400, but is only supplied with V4R3 and later versions. For V3R2, V3R7, V4R1 and V4R2, please see informational APAR II10918.
OPTIONSAdditional lp5250d options are described in the tn5250rc(5) man page.
- -u, --user=USER
run lp5250d as USER
- display this help and exit
- -v, --version
- output version information and exit
- lp5250d env.DEVNAME=LINPRT1 env.IBMMFRTYPMDL='*HP4' as400sys
- Connect to as400sys as the printer LINPRT1, using host print transform on the AS/400 to print to an HP Laserjet or compatible using lpr.
- lp5250d env.DEVNAME=LINPRT1 env.IBMMFRTYPMDL='*OKI184IBM' outputcommand=''scs2ascii | lpr -Poki' as400sys
- Print to an Okidata Microline 184 Turbo on the local print queue named `oki'.
- lp5250d env.DEVNAME=PSPRT outputcommand='scs2ps > scs$$.ps' as400sys
- Convert spooled files into PostScript® files.
BUGSPlease report any bugs you find to the bug tracker or to the linux5250 mailing list. See the tn5250 web site for more details.
COPYRIGHTtn5250 is copyright 1997 - 2001 Michael Madore. This manpage is copyright 1999 - 2001 Carey Evans.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
TRADEMARKSPostScript is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
AUTHORStn5250 was written by Michael Madore, Jay Felice, Scott Klement and others; see the AUTHORS file for details. This manual page was written by Carey Evans.