SYNOPSISmodconf [--source [floppy|mounted]] [--target destination] [--libdir path] [--restrict-section section]* [--exclude-section section]* [--load-before module]* [--load-only module]* [--load-after module]*
DESCRIPTIONmodconf is a script for installing kernel modules on Linux. It can be used interactively (GUI mode) or from the command-line (batch mode).
OPTIONSThe options marked with a "*" below are applied only to one module. If you want to apply them to more than one module then repeat the option in the command line.
- --source floppy|mounted
- Indicates where the modules are to be obtained from. floppy is used when installing Linux. mounted is used on already installed Linux systems. This is the default.
- --target directory
- specifies where the etc/modules and etc/modules.conf are to be found on the system (default: / ). Do not include a trailing "/" after the directory name.
- --libdir path
- Indicates where the eval and descr.gz files are to be found on the system (default: /usr/share/modconf). Do not include a trailing "/" after the directory name.
- --restrict-section section*
- restricts modconf to only work with the specified section of /lib/modules
- --exclude-section section*
force modconf to not work with the specified section of
Available sections at the time of this writing are: block cdrom fs ipv4 ipv6 misc net scsi (there may be others if you have installed packages with special modules, like pcmcia-modules).
- --load-before module*
- indicates a module that will be inserted before any others.
- --load-only module*
- specifies a module to be inserted after all those indicated with the --load-before option. Disables interactive mode.
- --load-after module*
specifies a module to be inserted after all
those indicated with the --load-before option.
This option is overridden by the previous one.
Examples below are untested
- modconf --load-only plip --load-before ip_masq_ftp --load-only appletalk
- Inserts modules "ip_masq_ftp", "plip" and "appletalk", in that order, and
- does not run the interactive program.
AUTHORmodconf originally was written by Bruce Perens <[email protected]>.
Major changes were done by Sven Rudolph <[email protected]>.
More changes were done by Enrique Zanardi <[email protected]>.
And more by Randolph Chung <[email protected]>
This manpage was written by Antonio Vieiro Varela <[email protected]>.