pc_query [OPTIONS] [SEARCHSTRING]
pc_query(1) prints contacts from a local address book, synchronized with remote CardDAV resources with pycardsyncer(1). Contact information is kept in the vCard format, one set of information, corresponding to a business card, is therefore often referred to as a card. pc_query(1) can also import and export vcards from/to the database. pc_query(1) is part of the pycarddav package.
BASIC STARTUP OPTIONS
- Only use the account/resource NAME (this option can be used more than once).
- Use the configuration file CONFIG, otherwise pc_query(1) will look in $HOME/.pycard/ and $HOME/.config/pycard/ for files named pycard.conf.
- This option enables debugging output.
- Print a small help text and exit.
- Print pc_query's version number and exit.
These options can only be used with SEARCHSTRING and determine the output format of pc_query(1). Without any options pc_query(1) will print the name, telephone numbers and email addresses of all matching contact cards.
- Prints the whole card.
- Only prints names and email addresses, in a mutt friendly format (one line per email address).
- Only prints names and telephone numbers, analogue to -m (but in different sequence)
FILE INPUT AND OUTPUT OPTIONS
- Backup the local db to BACKUP, if a SEARCHSTRING is present, only backup cards matching it.
- Delete card matching SEARCHSTRING, if more than one matches, the user has to choose one card in an interactive user interface.
- Import vCard from FILE or STDIN into the first specified (or default) account
- Decides which part of the contact cards are matched against the searchterm. MODE is one of vcard, name (the structured name, as used in the vcard specification), fname (the formated name, meaning as is printed by pc_query) and allnames (allnames means search fname as well as name). While only search through the names might not find what you are looking for, it will considerably speed up your query.
pc_query was mostly written by Christian Geier, with a lot of help by others, see CONTRIBUTORS.txt in the pycarddav distribution.
Main web site: http://lostpackets.de/pycarddav/ Please report bugs via the contact information at the above web site or via github: http://github.com/geier/khal/.
Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Christian Geier and Contributors. pc_query and pycarddav are released under the terms of the Expat/MIT license, see the COPYING file distributed with pycarddav.