DESCRIPTIONpinentry-x2go is an add-on for X2Go Client. It allows for secure entry of PINs or pass phrases. That means it tries to take care that the entered information is not swapped to disk or temporarily stored anywhere.
pinentry-x2go is typically used internally by x2goclient evoked by gpg-agent. Users don't normally have a reason to call it directly.
- Print the program version and licensing information.
- Print a usage message summarizing the most useful command-line options.
- --debug, -d
- Turn on some debugging. Mostly useful for the maintainers. Note that this may reveal sensitive information like the entered pass phrase.
- --enhanced, -e
- Ask for timeouts and insurance, too. Note that this is currently not fully supported.
- --no-global-grab, -g
- Grab the keyboard only when the window is focused. Use this option if you are debugging software using pinentry-x2go; otherwise you may not be able to to access your X session anymore (unless you have other means to connect to the machine to kill pinentry-x2go).
- --parent-wid N
- Use window ID N as the parent window for positioning the window. Note, that this is not fully supported by all flavors of pinentry.
- --display STRING, --ttyname STRING, --ttytype STRING, --lc-type STRING, --lc-messages STRING
- These options are used to pass localization information to pinentry-qt. They are required because pinentry-qt is usually called by some background process which does not have any information on the locale and terminal to use. Assuan protocol options are an alternative way to pass these information.
AUTHORThis manual page has been derived from the pinentry-qt man page by Mike Gabriel. The pinentry-qt man page originally was written by Peter Eisentraut for the Debian project.