C SYNOPSIS#include <pcp/pmapi.h>
int pmdaDSO(pmdaInterface *dispatch, int interface, char *name, char *helptext);
cc ... -lpcp_pmda -lpcp
DESCRIPTIONpmdaDSO initializes the pmdaInterface structure to use the interface extensions, assuming the PMDA(3) is to be run as a DSO. The pmdaInterface structure is initialized with:
- The name of the agent.
- The default path to the help text (see pmdaText(3)). If no help text is installed, or you are not using pmdaText(3), then this should be set to NULL.
The interface structure also contains the domain of the PMDA(3), which is defined in the pmcd(1) configuration file. The domain is used to initialize the metric and instance descriptors (see pmdaInit(3)).
- Incompatible version of pmcd detected
- When pmcd(1) creates the pmdaInterface structure, the dispatch.comm.version field is set to the highest protocol that pmcd(1) understands. This message indicates that the pmcd(1) process does not understand the protocol used by pmdaDSO.
- Unable to allocate memory for pmdaExt structure
- In addition, dispatch->status is set to a value less than zero.
CAVEATThe PMDA must be using PMDA_INTERFACE_2 or later.
Once pmdaDSO has been called, it is expected that the pmdaInterface structure pointed to by dispatch will remain accessible to the routines in libpcp_pmda (not reclaimed off the stack, not freed or oherwise released, etc.). If the caller needs to move or relocate the pmdaInterface structure for any reason, then after the move pmdaInterfaceMoved(3) must be called to resestablish the internal integrity of the pmdaInterface structure at the new location before any other routine in libpcp_pmda is called.