- sss_seed [options] -D DOMAIN -n USER
- Provide the name of the domain in which the user is a member of. The domain is also used to retrieve user information. The domain must be configured in sssd.conf. The DOMAIN option must be provided. Information retrieved from the domain overrides what is provided in the options.
- The username of the entry to be created or modified in the cache. The USER option must be provided.
- Set the UID of the user to UID.
- Set the GID of the user to GID.
- Any text string describing the user. Often used as the field for the user's full name.
- Set the home directory of the user to HOME_DIR.
- Set the login shell of the user to SHELL.
- Interactive mode for entering user information. This option will only prompt for information not provided in the options or retrieved from the domain.
- Specify file to read user's password from. (if not specified password is prompted for)
- Display help message and exit.
The length of the password (or the size of file specified with -p or --password-file option) must be less than or equal to PASS_MAX bytes (64 bytes on systems with no globally-defined PASS_MAX value).
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd