XmImMbLookupString returns a string composed in the locale associated with the widget's input method and a KeySym that is currently mapped to the keycode in a KeyPress event. The KeySym is obtained by using the standard interpretation of Shift, Lock and Group modifiers as defined in the X Protocol specification.
An XIM will be created, but an XIC will not be created. One of the functions, XmImSetValues, XmImVaSetValues, or XmImGetXIC, needs to be called to create an XIC.
- Specifies the ID of the widget registered with the input manager
- Specifies the key press event
- Specifies the buffer in which the string is returned
- Specifies the size of the buffer in bytes
- Specifies a pointer to the KeySym returned if one exists
Specifies the status values returned by the function. These status
values are the same as those for the XmbLookupString function. The
possible status values are:
- The size of the buffer was insufficient to handle the returned string. The contents of buffer_return and keysym_return are not modified. The required buffer size is returned as a value of the function. The client should repeat the call with a larger buffer size to receive the string.
- No consistent input was composed. The contents of buffer_return and keysym_return are not modified and the function returns a value of 0.
- Some input characters were composed and returned in buffer_return. The content of keysym_return is not modified. The function returns the length of the string in bytes.
- A keysym value was returned instead of a string. The content of buffer_return is not modified and the function returns a value of 0.
- A keysym value and a string were returned. The keysym value may not necessarily correspond to the string returned. The function returns the length of the string in bytes.
Return values depend on the status returned by the function. Refer to the description of status values above.
XmImGetXIM(3), XmImGetXIC(3), XmImRegister(3), XmImSetValues(3), and XmImUnregister(3).