SYNOPSISThe progam dosepsbin analyses an EPS file that is not a plain ASCII PostScript file but given as DOS EPS binary file.
dosepsbin [options] <input file>
First it analyzes the input file, validates its header and summarizes the available sections. Depending on the given options, the sections are then written to files.
--eps-file <file> Write PS section to <file>. --wmf-file <file> Write WMF section to <file>. --tiff-file <file> Write TIFF section to <file>. --inputfile <file> The name of the input file. --verbose Verbose output. --quiet Only errors and warnings are printed. --help Brief help message. --man Full documentation. --version Print version identification.
The files for output must be different from the input file.
DOS EPS Binary File Format
A Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) file can also given in a special binary format to support the inclusion of a thumbnail. The file format starts with a binary header that contains the positions of the possible sections:
The PS section must be present and either the WMF file or the TIFF file should be given.
- The PS section is written to <file>. The output file must be different from the input file.
- The WMF section is written to <file> if present. The output file must be different from the input file.
- The TIFF section is written to <file> if present. The output file must be different from the input file.
- The input file can also be given directly on the command line. If the file does not exist, then the file with extension `.eps' is tried.
- Verbose messages.
- No messages are printed except for errors and warnings.
- Display help screen.
- Prints manual page.
- Print version identification and exit.
EXAMPLESThe following command extracts the PS section from file test.eps and stores the result in file test-ps.eps:
dosepsbin --eps-file test-ps.eps test.eps
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSECopyright 2011-2012 by Heiko Oberdiek.
This library is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself (Perl Artistic License/GNU General Public License, version 2).