SYNOPSISzebra [ -bdhklrv ] [ -f config-file ] [ -i pid-file ] [ -P port-number ] [ -A vty-address ] [ -u user ] [ -g group ]
DESCRIPTIONzebra is a routing manager that implements the zebra route engine. zebra supports RIPv1, RIPv2, RIPng, OSPF, OSPF6, IS-IS, BGP4+, and BGP4-.
OPTIONSOptions available for the zebra command:
- -b, --batch
- Runs in batch mode, zebra parses its config and exits.
- -d, --daemon
- Runs in daemon mode, forking and exiting from tty.
- -f, --config-file config-file
- Specifies the config file to use for startup. If not specified this option will likely default to /usr/local/etc/zebra.conf.
- -g, --group group
- Specify the group to run as. Default is quagga.
- -h, --help
- A brief message.
- -i, --pid_file pid-file
- When zebra starts its process identifier is written to pid-file. The init system uses the recorded PID to stop or restart zebra. The likely default is /var/run/zebra.pid.
- -k, --keep_kernel
- On startup, don't delete self inserted routes.
- -P, --vty_port port-number
- Specify the port that the zebra VTY will listen on. This defaults to 2601, as specified in /etc/services.
- -A, --vty_addr vty-address
- Specify the address that the zebra VTY will listen on. Default is all interfaces.
- -u, --user user
- Specify the user to run as. Default is quagga.
- -r, --retain
- When the program terminates, retain routes added by zebra.
- -s, --nl-bufsize netlink-buffer-size
Set netlink receive buffer size. There are cases where zebra daemon can't
handle flood of netlink messages from kernel. If you ever see "recvmsg overrun"
messages in zebra log, you are in trouble.
Solution is to increase receive buffer of netlink socket. Note that kernel < 2.6.14 doesn't allow to increase it over maximum value defined in /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max. If you want to do it, you have to increase maximum before starting zebra.
Note that this affects Linux only.
- -v, --version
- Print the version and exit.
- The default location of the zebra binary.
- The default location of the zebra config file.
- If the zebra process is config'd to output logs to a file, then you will find this file in the directory where you started zebra.