DESCRIPTIONThe CFEngine key generator makes key pairs for remote authentication.
- --help, -h
- Print the help message
- --debug, -d
- Enable debugging output
- --verbose, -v
- Output verbose information about the behaviour of the agent
- --version, -V
- Output the version of the software
- --output-file, -f
- Specify an alternative output file than the default (localhost)
- --show-hosts, -s
- Show lastseen hostnames and IP addresses
- --remove-keys, -r
- Remove keys for specified hostname/IP
- --force-removal, -x
- Force removal of keys (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)
- --install-license, -l
- Install license file on Enterprise server (CFEngine Enterprise Only)
- --print-digest, -p
- Print digest of the specified public key
- --trust-key, -t
- Make cf-serverd/cf-agent trust the specified public key
- --color, -C
- Enable colorized output. Possible values: 'always', 'auto', 'never'. If option is used, the default value is 'auto'
CFENGINECFEngine provides automated configuration management of large-scale computer systems. A system administrator describes the desired state of a system using CFEngine policy code. The program cf-agent reads policy code and attempts to bring the current system state to the desired state described. Policy code is downloaded by cf-agent from a cf-serverd daemon. The daemon cf-execd is responsible for running cf-agent periodically.
Documentation for CFEngine is available at http://cfengine.com/documentation/.
PROMISE THEORYCFEngine is built on principles from promise theory, proposed by Mark Burgess in 2004. Promise theory is a model of voluntary cooperation between individual, autonomous actors or agents who publish their intentions to one another in the form of promises. A promise is a declaration of intent whose purpose is to increase the recipient's certainty about a claim of past, present or future behaviour. For a promise to increase certainty, the recipient needs to trust the promiser, but trust can also be built on the verification that previous promises have been kept, thus trust plays a symbiotic relationship with promises.
For an introduction to promise theory, please see http://arxiv.org/abs/0810.3294/
AVAILABILITYcf-key is part of CFEngine.
Binary packages may be downloaded from http://cfengine.com/downloads/.
The source code is available at http://github.com/cfengine/
BUGSPlease see the public bug-tracker at http://bug.cfengine.com/.
GitHub pull-requests may be submitted to http://github.com/cfengine/core/.
AUTHORMark Burgess and CFEngine AS