SYNOPSISesorex visir_old_spc_wcal [OPTIONS] FILE.sof
DESCRIPTIONThis recipe estimates the dispersion relation using the atmospheric spectrum in a long-slit spectroscopy half-cycle frame.
The files listed in the Set Of Frames (sof-file) must be tagged: VISIR-Long-Slit-Spectroscopy-file.fits SPEC_CAL_LMR_WCAL VISIR-Quantum-Efficiency-Calibration-file.fits SPEC_CAL_QEFF VISIR-Atmospheric-Emission-Lines-Calibration-file.fits SPEC_CAL_LINES
Additionally, a bad pixel map with a PRO.CATG of SPEC_BPM may be added to the Set Of Frames with tag: BPM.
- --auto_bpm <bool>
- Automatic detection and correction of bad pixels (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_old_spc_wcal.auto_bpm [default = True].
- --plot <long>
- The recipe can produce a number of predefined plots. Zero means that none of the plots are produced, while increasing values (e.g. 1 or 2) increases the number of plots produced. If the plotting fails a warning is produced, and the recipe continues. The default behaviour of the plotting is to use gnuplot (with option -persist). The recipe currently produces 1D-plots using gnuplot commands. The recipe user can control the actual plotting-command used by the recipe to create the plot by setting the environment variable CPL_PLOTTER. Currently, if CPL_PLOTTER is set it must contain the string 'gnuplot'. Setting it to 'cat > my_gnuplot_$$.txt' causes a number of ASCII-files to be created, which each produce a plot when given as standard input to gnuplot (e.g. later or on a different computer). A finer control of the plotting options can be obtained by writing an executable script, e.g. my_gnuplot.pl, that executes gnuplot after setting the desired gnuplot options (e.g. set terminal pslatex color) and then setting CPL_PLOTTER to my_gnuplot.pl. The predefined plots include plotting of images. Images can be plotted not only with gnuplot, but also using the pnm format. This is controlled with the environment variable CPL_IMAGER. If CPL_IMAGER is set to a string that does not contain the word gnuplot, the recipe will generate the plot in pnm format. E.g. setting CPL_IMAGER to 'display - &' will produce a gray-scale image using the image viewer display. (long; default: 0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_old_spc_wcal.plot [default = 0].
- --slit_skew <float>
- Distortion correction: Skew of slit (degrees) (clockwise) (float; default: 0.52). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_old_spc_wcal.phi [default = 0.52].
- --spectrum_skew <float>
- Distortion correction: LMR Skew of spectrum (degrees) (counter- clockwise). Not used in High Resolution (float; default: 1.73). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_old_spc_wcal.ksi [default = 1.73].
- --vert_arc <float>
- Distortion correction: LR Detector vertical curvature (pixel). Reduced by a factor 4 in MR. Not used in HR A-side. Increased by a factor 115/52 in HR B-side (float; default: -0.8). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_old_spc_wcal.eps [default = -0.8].
- --hori_arc <float>
- Distortion correction: LMR Detector horizontal curvature (pixel). Increased by a factor 1.5 in HR A-side. Reduced by a factor 2 in HR B-side (float; default: 0.0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_old_spc_wcal.delta [default = 0.0].
- --rl <long>
- Reject leftmost columns in spectrum extraction, zero means all columns on the left are used. In cross-dispersion mode a (small) negative number may be used (pixel) (long; default: 0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is visir.visir_old_spc_wcal.reject_left [default = 0].
- --rr <long>
Reject rightmost columns in spectrum extraction, zero means all
columns on the right are used. In cross-dispersion mode a (small)
negative number may be used (pixel) (long; default: 0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration
file is visir.visir_old_spc_wcal.reject_right [default = 0].
Note that it is possible to create a configuration file containing these options, along with suitable default values. Please refer to the details provided by the 'esorex --help' command.
AUTHORLars Lundin <[email protected]>
BUG REPORTSPlease report any problems to [email protected]. Alternatively, you may send a report to the ESO User Support Department <[email protected]>.
LICENSEThis file is part of the VISIR Instrument Pipeline Copyright (C) 2004, 2005 European Southern Observatory
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA